Information for Students
- Verify your eligibility to graduate.
Make sure you have applied to graduate and have received a response from the Office of the Registrar. See the Graduation procedures and graduation information.
- Receive your Convocation invitation (expect to start in mid March).
- Complete the student response form, and complete the Biographical Information request, as part of the RSVP process.
- Check the date for your Convocation ceremony.
- If you would like to have a graduation portrait taken, book an appointment with our photographer.
Convocation Day – Before the Ceremony
- Check the daily schedule for event details.
- Parking attendants will direct you to an available parking space.
- Go to the gowning room by 10:30 am to put on your gown and join the Convocation procession.
- Leave your personal belongings with a family member or friend.
Convocation Day – After the Ceremony
- Return your gown and hood to the gowning room. If you would like to buy a hood, you can do so in the merchandise area before or after the Convocation ceremony.
- Parchment frames, rings and other AU merchandise will be also be available for purchase in the merchandise area.
Graduation Application Deadlines
For Convocation in June, applications for graduation must be submitted by April 30, and all requirements must be met by the end of the first week in May. For information regarding your application status please contact the Office of the Registrar by emailing email@example.com or at 1-800-788-9041 ext. 6382.
For information regarding Convocation please contact the Events Office, at 1-800-788-9041, extension 6234.